Songoftheday 6/7/19 - If I could mail my heart right to you, I would I'd pack it up seal it tight and I'd send it over night...

"Sending My Love" - Zhané
from the album Pronounced Jah-Nay (1994) 
Billboard Hot 100 peak: #40 (one week)
Weeks in the Top-40: 1

Today's song of the day comes from the alternative soul duo Zhané, whose debut album Pronounced Jah-Nay had already scored two big hits in the states with "Groove Thang" and the top ten pop/R&B/Dance smash "Hey Mr. DJ". The third single released from the record would be "Sending My Love". A mid-tempo ballad written by member Renée Neufville along with Naughty By Nature's DJ Kay Gee (Keir Gist), the track spotlighted a more relaxed side of the duo aside from the clubs...


"Sending My Love" became the third top-40 pop hit from their debut in July of 1994. The song also climbed to #5 on Billboard's R&B chart (their third in a row). A fourth single from the set, "Vibe", made it to #33 on the R&B list, though it missed the American pop Hot 100 (it "bubbled under" the chart at #119). But that song was also a minor hit in the UK at #67.

(Click below to see the rest of the post)


Here's the duo performing live on BET in 1994...


And songwriter Renee going solo recently..


Up tomorrow: Another new soul duo starts out a lot more sultry...

Comments