Robbed hit of the week 3/22/21 - Somethin' For The People's "All I Do"...

 
"All I Do" - Somethin' For The People
from the album This Time It's Personal (1997)
Billboard Hot 100 peak: #47 

This week's "robbed hit" comes from the R&B vocal trio Somethin' For The People, who scored a huge hit in the autumn of 1997 with their top ten pop/R&B hit "My Love Is The Shhh!". After a second single that stiffed, the off-kilter ballad "Think Of You", the group released the third offering "All I Do". Wtitten by the act's Rochad Holiday and Jeff Young along with producer Arvel McClinton, the track mimicked the Timbaland sound enough to grab the ear of radio and fans, as they lament how obsessed they are with whom they're singing to...


While "All I Do" climbed all the way to #15 on Billboard magazine's R&B chart, the single stalled not far from the top-40 on their pop Hot 100 in March of 1998.

(4/10)

 

Comments