Disco Dessert 10/15/21 - "You Can't Hide From Yourself" from Teddy Pendergrass...

 
"You Can't Hide From Yourself" was a big club hit for the late soul singer Teddy Pendergrass. Appearing on his self-titled debut album, the song was written and produced by Kenny Gamble and Leon Huff. On Billboard magazine's National Disco Action Top-40 chart, the Teddy Pendergrass album was listed as a single entry, with "You Can't Hide From Yourself", "I Don't Love You Anymore", and "The More I Get, The More I Want" listed as key DJ cuts. The record peaked at #7 there in 1977, while "I Don't Love You Anymore" rose to #5 on their R&B chart and #41 on the pop Hot 100. 
 

 (Click below to see the rest of the post)

Here's "I Don't Love You Anymore", which was a top-5 R&B hit...


And lastly, "The More I Get, The More I Want"...




 

Comments