Country Sweep: December 22, 2012...


Part four of this week's "chart sweeps" has the latest country songs making their way on to Billboard magazine's weekly charts.

On the Country Airplay chart (screw the all-genre "Country songs" list), Florida Georgia Line remain at #1 for a second week with "Cruise". Meanwhile they waste no time as their followup single "Get Your Shine On" is the top debut at #52...


(Click below to see the rest of the post)


Blake Shelton's Cheers, It's Christmas CD has placed a second song on the chart as his remake of "Home" with friend Michael Buble' snuggles in at #57....was this co-opt really necessary, or just a product?



Newcomers Sweetwater Rain come in at #58 with "Starshine", the best of the bunch this week...


Big & Rich are back at #59 with "Party Like Cowboyz". Boys, it's getting old. Really. Maybe if you didn't alienate over half your audience your latest album wouldn't have tanked (since radio isn't gonna play this regularly) and I'd be entertained by this...


Lastly, California adult-rockers Train sneak in at #60 with "Bruises", featuring Pistol Annies singer Ashley Monroe.It's a charmer that I didn't take initial notice on the album...


That does it for the country life, I'll finish this up later with the latest dance jams on the radio and in the clubs...Twang on!

Comments

John said…
That's the first Train single in years that didn't make me want to gouge my ears to deaf. They don't need a string of puns to make a good song, and I'm glad this actually saw a formal release. Bonus points for the video partially being shot here at Red Rocks.
twostepcub said…
Ha Ha! I can tolerate them a lot more, but I agree this is the best I've heard from them since their "comeback". And yes, the Red Rocks shots rule.