Songoftheday 8/25/20 - I can do anything I wanna do in my life, you, you know you like the way I kick my game...

 
"Watch Me Do My Thing" - Immature with Smooth & Ed from Good Burger
Billboard Hot 100 peak: #32 (two weeks)
Weeks in the Top-40: 4
 
Today's song of the day comes from the R&B trio Immature, whose third studio album We Got It had spun off two top-40 pop hits in 1996 with "We Got It" and "Please Don't Go".  A year later, Marques Houston, Jerome Jones, and Kelton Kessee contributed a song to the children's comedy sketch show on the Nickelodeon channel, All That.  "Watch Me Do My Thing", written by rapper Juanita Carter Stokes (Smooth), producer Chris Stokes, and Claudio Cueni, the record features Smooth and actor Kel Mitchell, who plays "Ed", a cashier for the Good Burger joint on the show...


"Watch Me Do My Thing" became Immature's fifth top-40 pop hit in February of 1997. The song also climbed to #16 on Billboard magazine's R&B chart. 

Up tomorrow: Vegas trio combines.
 

Comments