Songoftheday 6/20/14 - There's something that I want to say but words sometimes get in the way, I just want to show my feelings for you...


Freddie Jackson - "You Are My Lady"
from the album Rock Me Tonight (1985)
Billboard Hot 100 peak: #12 (two weeks)
Weeks in the Top-40: 11

Today's Song of the Day comes from soul singer Freddie Jackson, whose debut single "Rock Me Tonight" spent a month and a half on top of the R&B chart and made the pop top-20. Jackson released the mid-tempo love ballad "You Are My Lady" as the follow-up; written and produced by quiet storm guru Barry Eastmond, the single became Freddie's biggest pop hit..


"You Are My Lady" became Jackson's second consecutive top-20 pop hit in November of 1985, while topping the R&B chart for two weeks as well. It was also his first and biggest hit on the adult-contemporary (or "easy-listening") radio chart, peaking at #3. Over in England, where "Rock Me Tonight" was a top-20 success, "You Are My Lady" stalled at the halfway point on the chart at #49.

(Click below to see the rest of the post)


Here's Freddie live in 2008 with the song...


Up tomorrow: an "electric" supergroup talks to each other.




Comments