Songoftheday 10/11/13 - Don't a woman need a man try and catch one if you can I believe in woman...


Slade - "My Oh My"
from the albums Keep Your Hands Off My Power Supply (1984 US) & Amazing Kamikaze Syndrome (1983 UK)
Billboard Hot 100 peak: #37 (two weeks)
Weeks in the Top-40: 4

Today's Song of the Day is by the veteran British glam-metal group Slade, who finally got their break in America with their top-20 pop hit "Run, Runaway". For their US follow-up the band released the track that was the albums' lead-off in Britain, "My Oh My". The anthemic ballad originally went to #2 in the UK, during the lucrative Christmas rush. Written by lead singer Noddy Holder with bassist Jim Lea, the song at the time was their biggest in their homeland in a decade...


"My Oh My" became Slade's second and so far last top-40 pop hit in August of 1984, while also reaching the same level on the rock radio format (#32). They would have a couple more minor hits, the last being "Little Sheila" the following year.

In England, they scored their latest top-40 hit in 1991 with "Radio Wall Of Sound" (#21), though their holiday single "Merry Xmas Everybody" continues to reach the singles sales charts annually.

(Click below to see the rest of the post)


...and here's the band live in 1983...


Up Tomorrow: the orange-haired girl is close at hand.

Comments