Songoftheday 11/30/18 - Understand girl that my heart is in your hands, and I'm cautious of falling in love again...

"Baby I'm Yours" - Shai
from the album ...If I Ever Fall In Love (1992)
Billboard Hot 100 peak: #10 (three weeks)
Weeks in the Top-40: 20

Today's song of the day comes from the soul vocal group Shai, who had already scored back-to-back top ten pop hits with the a Capella gem "If I Ever Fall In Love" and "Comforter", the latter in the spring of 1993. The third single from the record was the midtempo and middle-of-the-road number "Baby I'm Yours". Written by the act's Marc Gay and Carl Martin, the track gave the quartet a hat trick from their debut...


"Baby I'm Yours" became Shai's third (and last) top ten pop hit in September of 1993. The song also climbed to #19 on Billboard magazine's R&B chart. Internationally, the record went to #40 in New Zealand. A fourth release from If I Ever Fall In Love, the ballad "Together Forever", missed the pop chart, but managed to go to #89 on the R&B list. Finally, an acappella remix of "Baby I'm Yours", simply titled "Yours", did a little better, going to #56 on the R&B tally and #63 on the pop Hot 100.

(Click below to see the rest of the post)


Here's the remixed version titled "Yours" which was a minor pop and R&B hit in 1994. It appeared on their remix album Right Back At Cha...



And here's the band performing live (sorry for the shitty sound)...



And finally, Shai at a more recent show in 2014...


Up tomorrow: Soul singer has a final bawl.

Comments