Songoftheday 6/27/13 - I heard you're asking how I'm feeling I guess I'll play it day by day...


.38 Special - "Back Where You Belong"
from the album Tour De Force (1984)
Billboard Hot 100 peak: #20 (two weeks)
Weeks in the Top-40: 8

Today's Song of the Day is by the Southern rock group .38 Special, who began 1984 with a successful sixth studio album which already spun off a top-20 pop hit with "If I'd Been The One".  For their followup they released the equally infectious "Back Where You Belong". Written by Gary O'Connor, the song is chock full of harmonies and power-chords and a comical music video to boot...


"Back Where You Belong" became the band's second top-20 pop hit from the album in March of 1984, though surprisingly didn't make the rock radio list.

(Click below to see the rest of the post)


..and here's the band live in concert...


Up tomorrow: Some remedial lessons from this Philly duo.

Comments