Songoftheday 4/11/13 - I still recall a sad cafe', how it hurt so bad to see her cry...


Journey - "Send Her My Love"
from the album Frontiers (1983)
Billboard Hot 100 peak: #23 (two weeks)
Weeks in the Top-40: 7

Today's Song of the Day was the fourth hit single from Bay-Area arena rock kings Journey's album Frontiers. After the top-10 single "Separate Ways (Worlds Apart)", the band followed with the classic power-ballad "Faithfully" and my personal fave "After The Fall". The last single put out was the midtempo concert fave "Send Her My Love", written by singer Steve Perry and keyboardist Jonathan Cain...


While the song went to the top-30 on both the pop and adult contemporary chart, it made no appearance on the rock chart, signalling Journey's perception as a pop group rather than a rock band.

(Click below to see the rest of the post)


In 2007, rapper Joe Budden sampled the song for his tribute track "Send Him Our Love"...(NSFW)


...three years later, another hiphop artist, Armageddon, had a single "Sending My Love" sampling the track..


Lastly, Lil' B (known for titling his album "I'm Gay"), interpolated "Send her My Love" on "Hood Played Out" (NSFW)...


Up tomorrow: A not-so-tough evening.


Comments