Soul Sweep: January 9, 2016...


We're at the "hump" of this week's "chart sweeps", sampling the songs making the charts in Billboard magazine, and this time out I'm serving up the latest on R&B radio...

On their main R&B/Hip Hop Airplay chart, Drake spends a twelfth week on top with "Hotline Bling"...

The sole entry at #48 in this holiday week is Georgia rap duo Migos with "Look At My Dab". In 2014 they went to #6 with "Fight Night". Hell if I know what a dab is, nor do I care, but I assume it's drug-related (found out yes, it's taking the oil from weed. Lord. Merry Christmas.)


(Click below to see the rest of the post)


Meanwhile, on the older-skewing Adult R&B radio panel, Tyrese's "Shame" holds at #1 for a tenth non-consecutive week...

Sneaking in at the tracking week ending at Christmas, neo-soul singer India.Arie and jazz artist Joe Sample jingle in at #28 with "Merry Christmas Baby" featuring Michael McDonald...


Lastly, on the Rhythmic format, whose stations include more dance/pop music on their playlists,  rapper Travi$ Scott jumps to the top with "Antidote"...

The solitary newbie on this list at #39 is "On Purpose" from Dougie F featuring Pibull and 40 Cobras. The bouncy club track is my "Soul Pick of the Week"...


I'll be back with the latest on country radio...




Comments