Dance Sweep: January 17, 2015...


I'm ready to close out this week's "chart sweeps" checking out the songs making the singles charts in Billboard magazine, and I'll wrap up with the latest dance jams in the clubs and on the radio...

On the DJ-monitored Dance Club Play chart D.O.N.S. with Terri B! take their remake of Inner City's "Big Fun" to #1 on the chart, 27 years after the original...

Axwell and (Sebastian) Ingrosso, 2/3rds of the Swedish House Mafia, drop from their peak of #5 to #15 with "Can't Hold Us Down", but they claim the top debut of the week at #41 with "Something New", my "Dance Pick of the Week"...


(Click below to see the rest of the post)


DJ's Diplo and Skrillex, recording under the moniker Jack U, team up with Canadian singer Kiesza for "Take U There" at #48. The former "dance pick" peaked at #19 on the airplay list...


Meanwhile, on the radio-monitored Dance Airplay chart, Ariana Grande and The Weeknd climb to #1 with "Love Me Harder"...

The sole new entry at #37 is Usher with Juicy J on "I Don't Mind"...


That's all for today...thanks for taking today's musical trip...I'll return tomorrow with my recap of the album sales chart. Cheers!


Comments