8 of the 80's: 7/26/12...






Hey everyone, thanks again for stopping by. It's time for a trip back to the 80s, and this week we'll land in 1981.

Joey Scarbury - "Theme from 'Greatest American Hero' (Believe It Or Not)"
from the album America's Greatest Hero (1981)
Billboard Hot 100 peak: #2


A theme from a show that actually aired for three seasons (not sure what meds Gibb and McCoo were on at this time), adorable lil' cub Scarbury nabbed himself a huge hit.


(Click below to see the rest of the post)



Eddie Rabbitt - "Step By Step"
from the album Step By Step (1981)
Billboard Hot 100 peak: #5


Furry New York boy gone country with this earnest love song.


Delbert McClinton - "Giving It Up For Your Love"
from the album The Jealous Kind (1980)
Billboard Hot 100 peak: #8


Blues-rock musician McClinton goes the funky-pop route with this forgotten little gem.


Sheena Easton - Modern Girl
from the album Sheena Easton (1981)
Billboard Hot 100 peak: #18


Sheena's US followup to "Morning Train" is flawless. I had it come up on shuffle on my MP3 player while walking in New York and felt like I was Marlo Thomas in That Girl.


Chilliwack - "My Girl (Gone, Gone, Gone)"
from the album Wanna Be A Star (1981)
Billboard Hot 100 peak: #22


Vancouver rockers who had been pluggin' it since the early 70s harmonized themselves into a classic. My local radio station (WPST) played this incessantly, and I didn't complain one bit.


Jefferson Starship - "Find Your Way Back"
from the album Modern Times (1981)
Billboard Hot 100 peak: #29


Before Mickey Thomas became the Antichrist of rock music, there was this. Perfect pop/rock hybrid that I adore. Even Grace is restrained.


Evelyn "Champagne" King - "I'm In Love"
from the album I'm In Love (1981)
Billboard Hot 100 peak: #40


Office cleaning lady turned disco diva, King rocked the summer boardwalk with this one.


Barbra Streisand - "Promises" 
from the album Guilty (1980)
Billboard Hot 100 peak: #48


The queen of vocal pop music makes the best BeeGees song of the 80's.A travesty that my favorite song from Guilty didn't even make the top-40.

That's it for today, check in tomorrow evening for my personal chart of my 100 top tunes for this week. Cheers!

Comments