Songoftheday 4/3/15 - I was listening to the radio, I heard a song reminded me of long ago...


"I Wanna Go Back" - Eddie Money
from the album Can't Hold Back (1986)
Billboard Hot 100 peak: #14 (one week)
Weeks in the Top-40: 10

Today's Song of the Day comes from mainstream rock singer Eddie Money, who scored his biggest hit in 1986 with the Ronnie Spector-assisted "Take Me Home Tonight". The follow-up single, "I Wanna Go Back", had the same kind of nostalgic vibe, driven by muscly guitars and sax solo in between. It was a cover of a song from Oakland rock band Billy Satellite that hit #78 on the pop chart in America in 1984...


Eddie's version had a video that took him back to school, and the momentum from "Take Me Home Tonight" got him much more radio airplay, along with his more emotive voice...


Eddie's version of "I Wanna Go Back" hit the American pop top-20 in March of 1987, while climbing to #3 on Billboard's Mainstream Rock radio chart. In Canada, the track just missed the top-40 at #42.

(Click below to see the rest of the post)


...and here's Eddie on tour in 1987...


Up tomorrow: David Addison goes to Motown.

Comments