Songoftheday 11/4/14 - Riding on the range I've got my hat on, I've got my boots dusty I've got my saddle on my horse...


Boys Don't Cry - "I Wanna Be A Cowboy"
from the album Boys Don't Cry (1986)
Billboard Hot 100 peak: #12 (one week)
Weeks in the Top-40: 9

Today's Song of the Day comes from the British new-wave act Boys Don't Cry, who formed in the early 80s under singer and synth player Nick Richards in London. Although they released an EP in 1983, it wasn't until their self-titled full-length debut that they had a hit record with the novelty single "I Wanna Be A Cowboy". Written by the band, the tongue-in-cheek take on the wild, wild west caught on in the States...


"I Wanna Be A Cowboy" became the act's sole pop hit in June of 1986 in America. The 12" single also nicked the dance club play chart at #44.

(Click below to see the rest of the post)


Here's the band live in concert in 2012..


Up tomorrow: Indiana's pride has a soaking farm apparatus.

Comments