Songoftheday 11/12/12 - Ooh let me tell you what I want to say, you're the only one who could make my day...


Supertramp - "My Kind Of Lady"
from the album ...Famous Last Words... (1982)
Billboard Hot 100 peak: #31 (one week)
Weeks in the top-40: 5

Today's Song of the Day is by the British rock group Supertramp, who closed out 1982 with a top-20 hit in "It's Raining Again". For the followup the band released "My Kind Of Lady", sung by their other "lead' singer, Rick Davies, and had a retro-ish feel to the song...


"My Kind Of Lady" would be the band's last top-40 hit with Roger Hodgson in the lineup, and it also made the top-20 on the adult-contemporary (soft-rock) chart. The laid back nature of the song is perfect for the time, though I miss that kind of easy songwriting today.

Up tomorrow: Suave Brits shoot some deadly archery....

Comments