Robbed hit of the week 4/17/17 - Tommy Page's "When I Dream Of You"...

"When I Dream Of You" - Tommy Page
from the album Paintings In My Mind (1990)
Billboard Hot 100 peak: #42

This week's "robbed hit" comes from pop singer Tommy Page, who had reached the top of the Billboard charts with his New Kids On The Block-assisted ballad "I'll Be Your Everything" in the spring of 1990. His follow-up single would be written by him alone, "When I Dream Of You", though it still has those drum machine sounds teen-pop was in love with for a midtempo homage to freestyle...


"When I Dream Of You" came a couple notches of reaching the American top-40 in June of 1990. It also was a minor hit in Canada at #79. After a couple more albums that were more popular in the Far East, Page had a very successful career behind the scenes, first as an A&R guy at Warner Brothers Records, then as publisher at the magazine that put him on top of the charts, Billboard. Sadly, between the time I posted "I'll Be Your Everything" and today, Tommy took his life, with the news glancing at the fact that this former teen cover boy chart-topper had a husband and kids. I hope they can find some peace in time.

(Click below to see the rest of the post)


Here's Page performing in Indonesia back in 2013...





Comments