Kraut Sweep: May 21, 2013...


Now I'll cross over the border for my weekly German music chart recap, as American indie-pop due Capital Cities reigns for a second week with "Safe And Sound"...

German R&B singer Xavier Naidoo has the big winner on the chart at his new single "Bie Meiner Seele" ("In My Soul") rockets in at #2. It's his eleventh top-10 single in this country - three of those have topped the chart, the latest being "Das hat die Welt noch nicht gesehen" in 2008....it's my "German Pick of the Week"...


(Click below to see the rest of the post)


Indie-rock band Sportfreunde Stiller, from Bavaria, jump in at #7 with "Applaus!! Applaus!!". 


Hamburg-based hiphop group Fettes Brot ("Fat Bread") are back at #35 with "KussKussKuss" ("KissKissKiss")...I don't even know what this is...


American rapper Tyga scores his first hit as his old top-10 hit "Rack City" makes it here at #60...(NSFW)


French singer Zaz gets her second German hit at #91 with "On Ira" ("We Will"), her other one, the international hit "Je Veux", went to #22...


The final debut of the week at #99 is American traditional vocalist Josh Groban, with "Brave"...


That does it for tonight...I'll be back tomorrow with another Song of the Day, 6 of the 60s, and my Aussie Sweep... Goodnite!

Comments