Songoftheday 2/5/17 - People always sayin' what you can and cannot do, well listen to me people I just do what I want to...

"Anything I Want" - Kevin Paige
from the album Kevin Paige (1989)
Billboard Hot 100 peak: #29 (one week)
Weeks in the Top-40: 5

Today's song of the day comes from dance-pop singer Kevin Paige, who scored a top-40 pop hit in the fall of 1989 with "Don't Shut Me Out". His follow-up single is another slice of blue-eyed funk, "Anything I Want". Written by Paige, it might not stand out in retrospect, but its fluid bassline and Kevin's sincere Jackson homage was enjoyable enough to blend in with the dance-oriented pop music of the late 80s...


"Anything I Want" became Paige's second and final top 40 pop hit in March of 1990. Since then he's become a clergyman in a music-oriented ministry, and released some records in that vein.

(Click below to see the rest of the post)


Here's Kevin singing live (to track, seemingly) on Live At The Apollo...


Up tomorrow: Future Billboard chart head heads the Billboard charts.

Comments