Songoftheday 2/23/17 - Girl I close my eyes and then I start to cry for you, you're the reason why I have to say goodbye to you...

"Sending All My Love" - Linear
from the album Linear (1990)
Billboard Hot 100 peak: #5 (one week)
Weeks in the Top-40: 16

Today's song of the day comes from the dance-pop trio Linear, who came together in the late 80s in Miami, releasing their self-titled debut album at the beginning of the next decade. The first single from the set was the mid-tempo freestyle jam "Sending All My Love", written by the group's singer Charlie Pennachio and producer Tolga Katas. The trio dressed like metalheads, but their music was all loverboy club antics...


"Sending All My Love" became Linear's first and biggest hit pop single, reaching the top-5 on the Hot 100 in May of 1990. Internationally, the song went top-20 in  Canada (#20) and New Zealand (#13). A second single from the album, "Don't You Come Cryin'", which melded freestyle with a pop-metal style, was a minor hit in America at #70.

Up tomorrow: A pop/soul legacy parties with a pretty woman.

Comments