Songoftheday 2/10/17 - Talkin' to you on the phone I like the way you talk to me, in that little girly voice...

"Love Me For Life" - Stevie B
from the album In My Eyes (1988)
Billboard Hot 100 peak: #29 (one week)
Weeks in the Top-40: 5

The song of the day for this Friday comes from "Latin freestyle" dance music artist Stevie B, whose sophomore album In My Eyes had rewarded him with a pair of top-40 pop hits with "I Wanna Be The One" and the title track. After a third uptempo club track, "Girl I Am Searching For You", became a respectable hit on dance radio and peaked at #56 on Billboard's pop chart, Stevie released the love ballad from the album. "Love Me For Life", written and produced by Stevie, and his first slow single foretold his future as it was the most popular track from the record...


"Love Me For Life" became Stevie's third American top-40 pop hit in March of 1990.

Up tomorrow: Midnight funk stars grab the cash.

Comments