Songoftheday 4/10/17 - Gonna break these chains around me gonna learn to fly again, may be hard may be hard but I'll do it...

"When I'm Back On My Feet Again" - Michael Bolton
from the album Soul Provider (1989)
Billboard Hot 100 peak: #7 (one week)
Weeks in the Top-40: 11

Today's song of the day comes from adult-pop singer/songwriter Michael Bolton, whose Soul Provider album in 1989 had spun off three hits so far with the title track, "How Can We Be Lovers", and the #1 Grammy winner "How Am I Supposed To Live Without You". The fourth single from the album, the ballad "When I'm Back On My Feet Again", was written by song doctor supreme Diane Warren. She penned the song about mourning her father, but as one that translated well to the end of a relationship, its one of her best compositions...


"When I'm Back On My Feet Again" became Bolton's third consecutive top ten pop hit in August of 1990. The single spent three weeks at #1 on Billboard's Adult Contemporary (or "easy listening") radio chart. Internationally, the record went to #2 in Canada, and reached the top-40 in Ireland (#20) and New Zealand (#35). In the UK, it just missed that level at #44.

(Click below to see the rest of the post)


And here's Michael live in concert...


Up tomorrow: Fancy pop icon goes dancing down the block.

Comments