Songoftheday 2/6/13 - I'm looking back at the time that drifted by but I won't cry for the wasted years ...


Martin Briley - "The Salt In My Tears"
from the album One Night With A Stranger (1983)
Billboard Hot 100 peak: #36 (one week)
Weeks in the Top-40: 3

Today's Song of the Day is by the British singer/songwriter Martin Briley. Born in London, Briley worked as a session musician until the 80s, when he released his debut solo album. It took until his second effort that he scored his first and only hit, "The Salt In My Tears", one of my favorite "one-hit-wonders" of the 80s, thanks to the sugary guitar hooks from the gods, his Peter Gabriel-esque vocals, and the harmonies form another world...


"The Salt In My Tears" reached the US top 40 as well as #15 on the rock radio chart, and was Briley's only pop hit. Two years later, he released his follow-up album, Dangerous Moments, and had a minor rock radio hit with the title track. He's had more success writing for others like Celine Dion and N-SYNC.

 (Click below to see the rest of the post)


..and here's Martin in Solid Gold...


Up tomorrow: Lustful litigants.



Comments