Songoftheday 2/29/16 - You gave me hope when I needed someone near, you bring me happiness every day of every year...


"I'll Always Love You" - Taylor Dayne
from the album Tell It To My Heart (1987)
Billboard Hot 100 peak: #3 (two weeks)
Weeks in the Top-40: 16

Today's song of the day comes from singer Taylor Dayne, whose debut album Tell It To My Heart had spun off two massive pop and club hits with "Prove Your Love" and the title track. For her third release from the album Dayne slowed the pace down for the romantic ballad "I'll Always Love You", written by Jimmy George...


"I'll Always Love You" became Taylor's third consecutive top-ten pop hit in America in September of 1988. The single also climbed to #2 on Billboard's Adult Contemporary (or "easy listening") chart, and it so far has been her only entry into their R&B chart at #21. Internationally, the song went to #11 in Canada, made the top-40 in Germany (#38) and Switzerland (#30), while it stopped short of the British level at #41.

(Click below to see the rest of the post)


Here's Taylor performing the song live in 1988...


..and finally, her appearance on Live At The Apollo...


Up tomorrow: A Canadian cutie goes right for the core.

Comments