Soul Sweep: March 16, 2013...


Hey gang, I'm back with the third installment of today's "chart sweeps" checking out the new songs making their way on to the weekly music charts in Billboard magazine. This time out it's the newest on R&B radio...

On the main R&B/HipHop Airplay chart, Rihanna clings to #1 for a third week with "Pour It Up", and I admit I really loathe this track.

There are two new songs on the chart this week...the first is rapper The Game with the second charting track from his Jesus Piece album, "All That (Lady)" at #45. It featured a posse of cohorts like Lil Wayne, Big Sean, Fabulous, and Jeremih, and follows the top-40 R&B hit "Celebration". The Game topped the R&B chart back in 2005 with "Hate It Or Love It" with then buddy 50 Cent...Besides the (I think Jodeci?) sample, meh. (NSFW)


(Click below to see the rest of the post)


On the other side of the spectrum, the other debut at #47 is actress/gospel singer Tamela Mann with "Take Me To The King"....


Meanwhile, on the Adult R&B format chart, Charlie Wilson lingers for a fourth non-consecutive week with "My Love Is All I Have"...

The first debut at #35 is Connecticut native Kurt Carr, who with his Kurt Carr Singers arrive with "I've Seen Him Do It". They really get into it by the end, and I'm in approval of this.


The final entry at #39 is the current #1-holder, Charlie Wilson, with "Turn Off The Lights". This midtempo track from the former GAP Band leader is by soul "pick of the week"...


That's it for the soul side of the house...I'll be back with the latest on country radio. Groove on!

Comments