Songoftheday 3/22/13 - Can I tell you what you mean to me you're as essential as the air I breathe...


Rod Stewart - "What Am I Gonna Do (I'm So In Love With You)"
from the album Body Wishes (1983)
Billboard Hot 100 peak: #35 (one week)
Weeks in the Top-40: 3

Today's Song of the Day is by British vocal icon Rod Stewart, who started out 1983 with his twelfth studio album Body Wishes and a top-40 hit (that topped the UK charts) with "Baby Jane". He followed it up with a keyboard-driven semi-tropical pop confection of "What Am I Gonna Do", written by Stewart and a couple band members, and complete with a knock-off of Duran Duran's Rio video...


Like its predecessor, "What Am I Gonna Do" was another big hit in the UK, peaking at #3, while reaching the top-40 in the States. By his next album, though, his fortunes would be reversed.

(Click below to see the rest of the post)


..and here's Rod "The Mod" on German TV, where he also went top-10 with the single...


Up tomorrow:  The Thin White Duke has a contemporary romance in mind.

Comments