Songoftheday 7/27/15 - Early in the morning I'm still in bed she comes to me with sweet affection...


"Doing It All For My Baby" - Huey Lewis & The News
from the album Fore! (1986)
Billboard Hot 100 peak: #6 (one week)
Weeks in the Top-40: 11

Today's SOTD comes from the mainstream pop/rock band Huey Lewis & The News, whose straight-laced offering Fore! had already rewarded them with four consecutive top-10 hits with "I Know What I Like", "Hip To Be Square", and a pair of #1s with "Jacob's Ladder" and "Stuck With You". The fifth single put out from the album was the doo-wop-ish "Doing It All For My Baby", along with the big-budget MTV video extravaganza...


"Doing It All..." became the fifth top-10 pop hit from Fore in the U.S. in September of 1987, while climbing to #2 on Billboard's Adult Contemporary (or "easy listening") radio chart.

(Click below to see the rest of the post)


and here's the band performing the song live in 2004...


Up tomorrow: suave British new-wavers pay tribute to a Motown legend.

Comments