Songoftheday 9/6/16 - You told me that you loved me now girl show me, 'cause I can't believe it's true by the things you do...


"I Like It" - Dino
from the album 24/7 (1989)
Billboard Hot 100 peak: #7 (two weeks)
Weeks in the Top-40: 14

Today's song of the day comes from dance-pop singer Dino Esposito, who went from being a DJ and producer in Las Vegas to a musical act in his own right. Releasing his debut album in 1989, he had scored a pair of mid-charting pop hits with the freestyle jam "Summergirls" and the smooth R&B of "24/7". But what carried him finally into the top-40 was a new jack swing-inspired song, "I Like It". Pretty basic "I want you" lyrics built on a synthesized base, which he wrote, produced, and sang on it himself...


"I Like It" became Dino's first top-10 pop hit in the U.S. in August of 1989. The song also crossed over to #25 on Billboard's R&B chart, while the 12" remixed single climbed to #3 on their Dance Club Play list. Internationally, the song was a top-10 success down in New Zealand (#8), and made it to #30 on the chart in Canada.

(Click below to see the rest of the post)


Here's the Extended Vocal mix of the song that helped it reach #3 on the dance chart...


...as well as the House Version...


Up tomorrow: Swedish duo are winningly fashionable.

Comments