Songoftheday 2/2/15 - And when the world has knocked you down and you are trapped by your fears, they can never reach you from high ground and I will never disappear...


"I Am By Your Side" - Corey Hart
from the album Fields Of Fire (1986)
Billboard Hot 100 peak: #18 (one week)
Weeks in the Top-40: 7

Today's Song of the Day comes from Canadian pop star Corey Hart, whose sophomore album Boy In The Box churned out three top-40 pop hits in the States with "Everything In My Heart", the title track, and the top-3 hit "Never Surrender". Hart's third release, Fields Of Fire, pointed in a direction away from the new wave paranoia and more towards expansive-sounding western-rock. The first single, "I Am By Your Side", written by the singer and co-produced with Phil Chapman, set the stage for his more subdued delivery...


"I Am By Your Side" became Corey's sixth top-40 pop hit in the U.S. in November of 1986, while in his homeland the single went to #6, his fifth to reach that level.

(Click below to see the rest of the post)


And here's Corey singing "I Am By Your Side" live last year in concert...


Up tomorrrow: A Car overcomes its psychological inertia solo.

Comments