Where has he been?

Well, no where, really. I wish I could say that I was busy travelling the globe filming myself going through seizures to world music like this guy...


(I kid, I kid)

..but alas, the truth is a little more mundane. I guess I came across my best approximation for "writer's block". It's not like there isn't a lot to pontificate about - I mean the most important presidential election of my lifetime so far is happening, I've almost caught up on listening to all the CDs I've purchased, and have had a lot of interesting and notso interesting things happen over the last month (or months), as well as enough time in front of a computer screen to go on about it. However I sit, and my mind goes blank. I read other blogs (boy do I read other blogs, I have more bookmarks than my local library), and sometimes think "this is way better than my scralls". I guess my aptness for procrastination led me to fear that I was just going to post youtube videos and charts, and what good is that? I have been working a lot more (right now, I'm in the middle of ten days in a row), and since it's summer I've been trying to be outside more. But it's more than that.

I'm in the throes of the big one. 4-0. I have no idea where it came from specifically, but I've grown up with the subconscious tic that 40 was the BIG age to hit. Where everything hits its apex. You are at the point of your life where you have acheived what you mean to achieve, both personally and professionally, and it's resting on your laurels from there. I admit I'm struggling bigtime with that, and as much as I really didnt want this blog to be about me per se, I wanted to be a little honest. I mean I really never know who reads these posts (other than SB himself, who has been pushing me about why I haven't posted anything), and I came to think maybe I was more doing this for myself than anybody else. It almost wasn't getting to be fun, but a chore. And maybe that's why I took a little break - to clear my head a little (though trust me, it's still way cloudy).

I appreciate anyone who reads this for sticking with it, and I'll be back to nonsensical ranting, and musical goodness. But right now, I better go stick some laundry in the washer. Out.

Comments