Songoftheday 9/12/15 - Late at night I close my eyes and think of how things could have been, and when I look back I remember some words you had said to me...


"I Won't Forget You" - Poison
from the album Look What The Cat Dragged In (1986)
Billboard Hot 100 peak: #13 (one week)
Weeks in the Top-40: 9

Today's SOTD comes from the glam-metal band Poison, who nabbed themselves a top-10 pop hit in America with "Talk Dirty To Me". Their second single, however, "I Want Action", stopped short halfway up the Hot 100. For the third release from Look What The Cat Dragged In, they turned around and put out the "power-ballad" from the set, "I Won't Forget You". Written by the band and produced by Ric Browde, it's the run-of-the-mill song that sounds like what they would sing as they kick the groupies out of bed the morning after...


"I Won't Forget You" became Poison's second top-40 hit in November of 1987. The single also hit the top-40 in Canada and New Zealand.

(Click below to see the rest of the post)


and here's the band live on TV in 2003...



...and again in concert in 2007...


Up tomorrow: Latino-American rockers want to start with a rock classic.

Comments