Kylie-fever, parte deux...

When I ended the first post about my two-day dream concert of Kylie Minogue in New York, it was day one, and her version of "Red Blooded Woman" floored the crowd, especially those unfamiliar with the "shower scene" setting. How do you follow that? Cheerleaders!

I had ordered Minogue's KylieX2008 from Amazon back in December of last year, when I never thought she would ever tour in the States. It took over eight weeks to be shipped from Australia so I had the version that would play on my DVD player. It was so worth the wait, and my favorite part was her mashup of "Heartbeat Rock" and "Wow" with Toni Basil's "Mickey". Well, I was overjoyed when I found out she was reprising the number on this tour, though shortening it a little. Still, it proved to be the biggest crowd-raising dance number of the night...



She followed that with a song that she brought out on the Showgirls Homecoming tour, the Scissor Sisters'-written "White Diamond". The stage crew changed up the backdrop for each city, so we got a view of the Empire State Building...



Kylie's dancer Jason acted as her butler in her Norma Desmond-like tragedy, which flowed into another personal fave, "Confide In Me"...



After that, the dancers left for Minogue to strip down "I Believe In You" into a gorgeous ballad..



The beats got harder with "Burning Up", which she incorporated lines from Madonna's "Vogue"...



Kylie usually incorporates "The Locomotion", her first big hit, in her live shows, but with a different twist every time. For us, she brought back the burlesque version that was a hit...



It would have been awesome to have had Robbie Williams show up for a surprise, or at least sister Dannii (like in Australia), but it was just as fun having "Kids" done as a singalong...



For the final number of the regular show, Kylie rocked with "In My Arms"...



After that, we knew she was coming back for an encore, it was just a matter of how long an encore it would be...

On both nights, she began with an old-school classic, done old-school style, "Better The Devil You Know"...



She then elicited the crowd for what to hear next. I was hoping for "Your Disco Needs You", but after everyone around screamed for "The One", that's what we got..



And to cap it off, Kylie ended the night with the uplifting "Love At First Sight"...



What a night. And that was just night one!

Since we had tickets in the mezzanine, we didn't have to wait the hours like Sunday, but still by the time we got to the line, at I think 5pm, it queued around the city block! And by random luck I ran into guys who were around us the night before, from Salt Lake City and New York (but also saw the show in LA). That was really cool. Once we got in, I ran to get tshirts for my friends (I had gotten mine the night before), as well as programs. We went up to our seats, which were obstructed by the left balconies. Luckily, we were really early, so moved back a row (only the first three rows were reserved) and more center. Woohoo! Little did I know that Hugh Jackman was in one of the side balconies! Who knew!

It was great to see the concert from the mezzanine, since it was too far back and I got a better perspective of the show from higher up....and got my "Your Disco Needs You" done in the encore!



I was really semi-regretting not getting in to see the final day, but I was more than satisfied by my first LIVE Kylie experience....At least thanks to the glory of YouTube, I get to see "I Should Be So Lucky"..



There has been talk of Kylie coming to Vegas, and trust me, if she does, I'm there! Like bi-monthly! Man, I'm gonna be broke but it'll be worth it...

And for now I'll let my Kylie obsession go on in the background....

Comments