But in the name of understanding, our problems should be shared...

On the way down to my weekend country dancing thing in Philly Friday night, I stopped at Tower Records, and found my "Holy Grail" of music DVDs from this year.



Oh my god.

Now, to be honest, I have to admit I not only have most of Kylie Minogue's albums, but I have 3 other concert videos of hers, so I knew how much of a good show she puts on. However Showgirl, filmed from her concert in London before she had to cancel the rest of her tour to treat breast cancer (thankfully she doing well now), far exceeded any expectations I already had.

It was so good I had TEARS by the end. Although that might've been because I couldn't have been there myself (I was in London a couple weeks before that) .

You've got all her best songs, a stage that basically comes alive with every song, and the hottest dancers I've ever seen in my life. Wow. There is not one bad point in this show. And to think this was right as she was fighting cancer puts a whole different light on it. If you've ever seen a live show of Kylie's, you'd be familiar how she puts different spins on old songs. This time she doesn't dissappoint either, whether it's the stripped down reading of "Come Into My World", the old-time strip-tease of "The Locomotion", or the snippet of her part from the Nick Cave song "Where The Wild Roses Grow" put in the middle of "Red Blooded Woman" (in a locker room fantasy sequence, as well!). Every major song she's had is in here, and Kylie even includes small treasures like "Dreams" from her Impossible Princess album or "You Disco Needs You" from Light Years (my FAVORITE album of hers). All this amongst an extravaganza of dancing, costumes and a light show like I've never seen. Madonna, I love you, but you've got nothing on Miss Minogue.

Buy this. In fact, buy it here (hey I like promoting mom and pop stores if I can, and Perfect Beat's been a great place to buy stuff). Trust me, if you're man (or woman) enough to like some good poppy disco, you've gotta see this.

Grade: A+
Best parts: The Disco medley from "Shocked" to "Spinning Around", an almost acappella "Over The Rainbow"

Comments