Songoftheday 11/1/17 - First time I laid my eyes upon you all my dreams were answered, first time I kissed your tender lips my love to you I surrendered...

"I'll Never Let You Go (Angel Eyes)" - Steelheart
from the album Steelheart (1991)
Billboard Hot 100 peak: #23 (two weeks)
Weeks in the Top-40: 9

Today's song of the day comes from the heavy metal band Steelheart, who came together in the early 90s in suburban Connecticut, after changing their name from Red Alert. Led by singer Miljenko Matijevic, the group released their self-titled debut album in 1990. The second single from the record, the power-ballad "I'll Never Let You Go (Angel Eyes)", was written by Matijevic and became their breakthrough and biggest hit...


"I'll Never Let You Go" became Steelheart's sole top-40 pop hit in July of 1991. The song also climbed to #24 on Billboard's Mainstream Rock radio chart. They followed up with a re-release of their debut single "She's Gone (Lady)", which climbed to #59 on the pop Hot 100. A third release from the first album, "Everybody Loves Eileen", made it to #34 on the Mainstream Rock tally. In 1992, the band put out their sophomore effort, Tangled In Reins, which made the albums chart without any songs reaching the radio lists. Matijevic continued the act with new members, sporadically releasing music, most recently with this year's Through Worlds Of Stardust.

(Click below to see the rest of the post)


Here's Steelheart appearing live on Rick Dees' Open All Night TV show to promote the single...


 And again, live in concert...


Up tomorrow: R&B trio doesn't disappoint.

Comments