Songoftheday 7/30/17 - I love you in the night I'm gonna take it real real slow, I understand what you told me as if I didn't know...

"I'll Give All My Love To You" - Keith Sweat
from the album I'll Give All My Love To You (1990)
Billboard Hot 100 peak: #7 (one week)
Weeks in the Top-40: 12

Today's song of the day comes from singer Keith Sweat, whose "new jack swing" name-checker "Make You Sweat", the lead single from his second album, became his second top-40 pop hit in the summer of 1990. His next offering, "Merry Go Round", spent two weeks at #2 on Billboard's R&B chart, but failed to make the pop Hot 100 altogether. Keith came back with the title track ballad as the third release from the record. Written by Sweat with producer Bobby Wooten, "I'll Give All My Love To You" ended up bringing him back to mainstream radio in a big way, as well as grace quite a few wedding receptions to boot...


"I'll Give All My Love To You" became Keith's second top ten pop hit (after 1988's "I Want Her") in February of 1991. The single was his third behind "I Want Her" and "Make You Sweat" to top Billboard's R&B chart for a week.

(Click below to see the rest of the post)


Here's Keith performing the song live in concert...


...and finally, back to 1991 with Sweat appearing on Arsenio Hall to promote the single...


Up tomorrow: Australian modern rockers fade from view.

Comments