Dance Sweep: May 24, 2014...


I'm up to my last "chart sweep" of the day, checking out the songs making the charts in Billboard magazine, and I'll wrap things up with the latest dance jams in the clubs and on the radio...

On the DJ-polled Dance Club Play chart, Swedish DJ and producer Avicii lands his fourth #1 club hit with "Addicted To You". Three of those are from his latest album True...

The top entry of the week at #43 is Canadian-born singer Kiesza with "Hideaway". The infectious neo-house single has already topped the pop chart in England....


(Click below to see the rest of the post)


This week there were a heated 3-way battle to nab my "Dance Pick of the Week", but in the end I'm going with a song quickly becoming my "song of the summer" (though the above "Hideaway" is very close behind). It's from DJ Cassidy with the lush disco of "Calling All Hearts" featuring vocals by Robin Thicke and Jessie J...


If I set up a betting pool on what act from the 80s would return to the club chart this week, I'd reap a hunk of change with the comeback of Australian soft-rock band Air Supply at #46 with "Desert Sea Sky". This is their first-ever time on this chart...


French remix artist Guena LG comes in at #47 with "Stay Awake" featuring Danish pop star Bryan Rice...


American-born singer Mapei moved to Sweden as a child, and she crosses back to the States' chart at #48 with "Don't Wait"...


The third of the big contenders for "pick" (those surprisingly all of this week's entries are strong) pairs of star DJ/remixer Dave Aude' with Erasure lead singer Andy Bell on "Aftermath (Here We Go)" at #49...


Meanwhile, on the radio-monitored Dance Airplay/Mixshow chart, Calvin Harris spends a second week on top with "Summer"...

Iggy Azalea takes her top-3 pop hit "Fancy" on to this chart at #13...


The other entry at #20 is Dutch trance legend Tiesto, who follows up his #1 hit "Red Lights", which still is up at #3, with "Wasted" featuring vocals from Matthew Koma...


That's it for today...thanks for taking this trip with me, and I'll return tomorrow with the start of my album recap for this week.. Cheers!



Comments