Country Sweep: April 5, 2014...






Part four of this week's "chart sweeps" has the latest country songs making the radio charts in Billboard magazine...

On the radio-monitored Country Airplay chart, Dierks Bentley scores his eleventh #1 hit with "I Hold On"...

The top debut of the week at #49 is from rock-chick exile and The Voice winner Cassadee Pope with "I Wish I Could Break Your Heart". It's the follow-up to "Wasting All These Tears", which topped out at #10. This is as safe as country/lite-pop as you can get, and as someone who had watched that season, she definitely seems to benefit from some studio pitch-tweaking...


(Click below to see the rest of the post)


Another newcomer, Jon Pardi, takes his third hit single, "What I Can't Put Down", at #55. It succeeds "Up All Night", which peaked at #11, and the rootsy number is my "Country Pick of the Week"...



The last debut at #60 is from Dustin Lynch with "Where It's At", presumably the first single from will be his second album. Back in 2012 he took "Cowboys and Angels" to #2. List song. Ugh.



I'll finish things off with the latest dance jams in the clubs and on the radio. Twang on!


Comments