Soul Sweep: November 2, 2013...






We're up to the "hump" of today's "chart sweeps" sampling the songs making the singles charts in Billboard magazine this week, and this time I'm serving up the latest R&B songs on the radio...

On the main R&B/HipHop airplay chart, Drake spends a second week at #1 with "Hold On, We're Going Home"...

The top entry at #43 is rapper 2 Chainz with the second single from his B.O.A.T.S. II: Me Time album, "Used 2". The first, "Feds Watching", went to #10 earlier this year and is down at #30 now..


(Click below to see the rest of the post)


Soul singer Eric Benet is back at #45 with the fourth single from his News For You set, "Runnin'"...


Proving her crossover chops, New Zealand's Lorde takes her #1 pop hit "Royals"reaches this format at #46...


The last entry on the main chart at #50 is rapper Yo Gotti with "King Shit" featuring T.I. It's his followup to "Act Right", which went top-40...


Meanwhile, over on the older-skewing Adult R&B radio panel, Robin Thicke is still #1 for a twelfth week with "Blurred Lines"...

Jumping in at #27 is singer and actress Jennifer Hudson with "I Can't Describe (The Way I Feel)" with rapper T.I.. It's from her upcoming third studio album due next year, and it's my "Soul Pick of the Week"....



Charlie Wilson returns at #31 with "I Still Have You", the third single from his Love, Charlie album. The leadoff track, "My Love Is All I Have", topped the list for five weeks. The new song is also featured in the movie The Best Man Holiday...


The final entry at #36 is the Purple One himself, Prince, with "Breakfast Can Wait"....


That's it for this week's soul excursion...I'll be back with the latest on country radio....Groove on!







Comments