twostepcub's music chart for August 16, 2013...


Hey gang, Friday is finally upon us and it's time for my top 100 tunes from the past week. This time out Robin Thicke wiggles around at #1 for a fifth week, while Imagine Dragons (pictured above) move up in the top-10. Former big hits by Serena Ryder, Demi Lovato, Brad Paisley, and Tony Moran drop off my chart, while songs by Pink, Taylor Swift, and Lana Del Rey make the biggest jumps (moves of 10+ places highlighted in red). Vacation at last, at last, my Goddess I'm free at last!

This Week          Song/Artist (last week's position in parentheses)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Blurred Lines - Robin Thicke f/T.I. & Pharrell (1)
2. Safe and Sound - Capital Cities (2)
3. Brave - Sara Bareilles (3)
4. Treasure - Bruno Mars (15)
5. Get Lucky - Daft Punk f/Pharrell Williams (6)
6. Red Hands - Walk Off The Earth (7)
7. I Need Your Love - Calvin Harris f/Ellie Goulding (8)
8. Demons - Imagine Dragons (10)
9. Runnin' Outta Moonlight - Randy Houser (17)
10. Love Somebody - Maroon 5 (11)
11. Mirrors - Justin Timberlake (9)
12. DONE. - The Band Perry (4)
13. Radioactive - Imagine Dragons (13)
14. I Love It - Icona Pop f/Charli XCX (12)
15. Sweater Weather - The Neighbourhood (15)
16. See You Again - Carrie Underwood (22)
17. Cups (When I'm Gone) - Anna Kendrick (26)
18. Just Give Me A Reason - Pink f/Nate Ruess (18)
19. Cruise - Florida Georgia Line f/Nelly (21)
20. Out Of My League - Fitz & The Tantrums (20)
21. Can't Hold Us - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis f/Ray Dalton (16)
22. My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark - Fall Out Boy (14)
23. Jump Right In - The Zac Brown Band (23)
24. This Is What It Feels Like - Armin van Buuren f/Trevor Guthrie (24)
25. Gone, Gone, Gone - Phillip Phillips (25)
26. All Over The Road - Easton Corbin (31)
27. I'm Alive (Life Sounds Like) - Michael Franti & Spearhead (27)
28. Fire We Make - Alicia Keys & Maxwell (28)
29. Harlem - New Politics (29)
30. Come & Get It - Selena Gomez (30)
31. People Like Us - Kelly Clarkson (19)
32. I Want Crazy - Hunter Hayes (36)
33. Bruises - Train f/Ashley Monroe (37)
34. Recovery - Frank Turner (39)
35. Mountain Sound - Of Monsters And Men (33)
36. True Love - Pink f/Lily Allen (52)
37. Reload - Sebastian Ingrosso & Tommy Trash f/John Martin (38)
38. A Woman's World - Cher (48)
39. Alive - Empire Of The Sun (42)
40. Crash My Party - Luke Bryan (32)
41. Don't Ya - Brett Eldredge (45)
42. Hey Pretty Girl - Kip Moore (44)
43. Clarity - Zedd f/Foxes (43)
44. Little Bit Of Everything - Keith Urban (50)
45. Body Party - Ciara (46)
46. Same Love - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis f/Mary Lambert (51)
47. Bullet - Rokelle f/Dave Aude (47)
48. Make Some Noise - DJ Escape & Inaya Day (53)
49. Should've Gone To Bed - Plain White T's (49)
50. San Francisco - The Mowgli's (34)
51. Wake Me Up! - Avicii (61)
52. Royals - Lorde (59)
53. Point At You - Justin Moore (54)
54. Goodbye Town - Lady Antebellum (60)
55. Summertime Sadness - Lana Del Rey vs. Cedric Gervais (69)
56. U B The Bass - Luciana (56)
57. It's Not Over - Chaka Khan (57)
58. It's A Beautiful Day - Michael Buble (58)
59. Need U (100%) - Duke Dumont f/AME (73)
60. Live It Up - Jennifer Lopez f/Pitbull (40)
61. Everything Has Changed - Taylor Swift f/Ed Sheeran (76)
62. Our Song - Matchbox Twenty (62)
63. Right Now - Rihanna f/David Guetta (75)
64. I Got You - Jack Johnson (74)
65. This Is My Goodbye - Antoine Clamaran (35)
66. The Other Side - Jason Derulo (71)
67. Stay - Rihanna f/Mikky Ekko (67)
68. Trenches - Pop Evil (68)
69. La La La - Naughty Boy f/Sam Smith (70)
70. Hey Girl - Billy Currington (80)
71. Best I Ever Had - Gavin DeGraw (85)
72. Anywhere With You - Jake Owen (66)
73. Counting Stars - OneRepublic (78)
74. Love Me Again - John Newman (84)
75. We Can't Stop - Miley Cyrus (77)
76. Let's Just Dance - D'Manti (82)
77. Redneck Crazy - Tyler Farr (89)
78. You Never Know - Audio Playground f/Snoop Lion (88)
79. Age Ain't A Factor - Jaheim (79)
80. Mind Your Manners - Pearl Jam (DEBUT)
81. Soothe My Soul - Depeche Mode (DEBUT)
82. Stars - Kat Deluna (DEBUT)
83. A Couple Of Forevers - Chrisette Michele (83)
84. If I Loved You - Delta Rae (94)
85. If So - Atlas Genius (86)
86. Round Here - Florida Georgia Line (91)
87. Need You Now (How Many Times) - Plumb (DEBUT)
88. Lift Me Up - Five Finger Death Punch f/Rob Halford (90)
89. Papaoutai - Stromae (95)
90. Let Her Go - Passenger (RE-ENTRY)
91. Adorn - Miguel (87)
92. Dear Darlin' - Olly Murs (72)
93. Skirt - Kylie Minogue (DEBUT)
94. Parking Lot Party - Lee Brice (98)
95. Wagon Wheel - Darius Rucker (81)
96. When I See This Bar - Kenny Chesney (DEBUT)
97. Out Of Time - Stone Temple Pilots (97)
98. Best Song Ever - One Direction (DEBUT)
99. Ways To Go - Grouplove (DEBUT)
100. Big When I Was Little - Eliza Doolittle (DEBUT)

There are nine debuts on my chart this week (highlighted in blue), and if you click on any of them, you'll connect to their offiical website. And here they are after the break...

(Click below to see the rest of the post)


The top entry on my list this week at #80 is the new single from post-grunge veterans Pearl Jam's upcoming tenth album, "Mind Your Manners"....


 Meanwhile, an even more senior act, new wave kings Depeche Mode, land their second track from their thirteenth set Delta Machine on my list as "Soothe My Soul" comes in at #81...


Dominican-American singer Kat Deluna enters at #82 with her fourth single to make my list, "Stars"....


Christian pop/dance artist Plumb shimmies in at #87 with her latest club jam, "Need You Tonight (How Many Times)"....


I have to admit I've been underwhelmed by the new tracks from the three big female pop artists, Katy Perry, Lady GaGa, and most astonishingly, my queen Kylie Minogue, though her top-10 dance hit "Skirt" does manage to make my chart at #93 this week. It's too dumbed-down lyrics and slutting up of the theme turns me kind of off, along with the forced dubstep. But hey, Gaga is somehow growing on me, so there's hope for anything.


Kenny Chesney continues riding the beach nostaglia train as "When I See This Bar" arrives at #96...


Another somewhat fizzled "event single" pops in at #98 with One Direction and the humble "Best Song Ever"...


Indie-pop outfit Grouplove are back at #99 with the first single from their sophomore set, "Ways To Go"...


The final debut of the week belongs to British singer/songwriter Eliza Doolittle, with the throwback anthem "Big When I Was Little" at #100...


That's it for my big 100...thank you for stopping by my little corner of the internets, and I'll return tomorrow with another Song of the Day and my five-part "chart sweeps" of the new music making the Billboard charts. Cheers!

Comments