Songoftheday 8/13/13 - I lay down to rest my head, my soul to keep the night ahead it's no dream...


Real Life - "Catch Me I'm Falling"
from the album Heartland (1983)
Billboard Hot 100 peak: #40 (one week)
Weeks in the Top-40: 1

Today's Song of the Day is by the Australian new wave group Real Life, who had their big breakthrough in 1983 with the first single from their debut album Heartland, "Send Me An Angel". For the follow-up, they released the bouncy "Catch Me I'm Falling", written by lead singer David Sterry and keyboardist Richard Zatorski, and produced by British guitarist Steve Hillage...


"Catch Me I'm Falling" became the quartet's second top-40 hit in America in May of 1984, while also denting the rock radio chart, peaking at #46. The single was also their second top-10 in their native Australia, while reaching #9 on the German singles chart as well.

It's the type of record I totally forget about until I hear it and whirl around like a dervish. Great production, and worth a second spin (as is their whole Heartland album)...

(Click below to see the rest of the post)


Here's the band on TV promoting the single...


And finally, truly "live" in concert...


Up tomorrow: the siblings get some height.

Comments

John said…
I couldn't place the song until I got to the chorus, and then it all came rushing back. Great song, and that vocal is so distinct!