Country Sweep: August 17, 2013...






I'm ready for the fourth installment of today's 'chart sweeps' of the songs reaching the radio charts in Billboard magazine, and now I'm at the newest on country radio...

On the Hot Country Airplay chart, Randy Houser holds at #1 for a second week with "Runnin' Outta Moonlight"...

Rocketing in at #21 is Luke Bryan with his latest and my "Country Pick of the Week", "That's My Kind Of Night". As opposed to the slew of artificially goosed high debuts on this format, I expect this one to become another chart topper for him..


(Click below to see the rest of the post)


Jake Owen arrives at #48 with the first single from his upcoming fourth album, "Days Of Gold". His last four singles, all from his last record Barefoot Blue Jean Night, went to #1...


New act Bush Hawg drive in at #58 with their first, "Crushin'"...


Lastly, Kid Rock sideman-turned-country-adjacent Uncle Kracker returns at #59 with "Blue Skies"...


That does it for this week's country jamboree...I'll close things out in an hour and a half with the newest dance jams in the clubs and on the radio. Twang on!


Comments