Dance Sweep: July 27, 2013..


Well it's time to wrap up today's "chart sweeps" of the new songs making the charts in Billboard magazine, and now I've got the latest dance jams in the clubs and on the radio.

On the DJ-polled Hot Dance Club Play chart, Ciara climbs to #1 with "Body Party"...

The top entry at #42 is house music legend Robbie Rivera with "Summer Night In July" featuring Kay...


(Click below to see the rest of the post)


French DJ/producer Martin Solveig is back at #44 with "Hey Now" featuring the Cataracs and Kyle...


Newcomer Shara Strand debuts at #46 with "I Will Carry You"...


Dutch trance master Tiesto is in at #47 with "Take Me" featuring vocals by Kyler England...


Chris Cortes enters at #49 with "Awake"...


The final debut on the club chart, and my "Dance Pick Of The Week", is gay dance icon Sylvester with the remix-re-release of his classic song "You Make Me Feel (Mighty Real) 2013" with mixes from the likes of Ralphi Rosario..


Meanwhile, on the radio-monitored Hot Dance Airplay/Mixshow chart,  Daft Punk's "Get Lucky" spends a ninth week at the top...

The sole debut at #19 is Krewella with "Live For The Night"....


That does it for today's sweeps...thanks so much for stopping by...I'll be back tomorrow with another Song of the Day, and part one of this week's "album sweep", along with the recap of the new British charts at night. Cheers!


Comments

Mike Greenly said…
I wrote the lyrics for "I Will Carry You", performed by Shara Strand, and it is such a wonderful kick seeing you feature it here with the video we made for the DJ Escape and Tony Coluccio Remix. Shara actually discovered your site and shared it with me. Just wanted to say hi -- and salute you. I love your profile. Mike Greenly
twostepcub said…
Hey Mike, I really appreciate your kind words, and congratulations on your success as well as Shara's. I actually have your Kimberly Davis song as well! I especially commend you guys for offering it up on Amazon mp3 - it's a welcome outlet for dance music fans to get music without being told "oh, it's just 'for the clubs'" (i.e. the Robin Thicke remixes). Great job and keep it going! The song and video are great!