Grammy Sweep 2013: The Dance Side....






Now we're up to the Dance categories for the next Grammy Awards, and yes, it includes that one.

(Click below to see the rest of the post)


Best Remixed Recording (Non-Classical)

Ivan Gough & Feenixpaul f/Georgi Kay - "In My Mind" (remixer - Axwell)


Moby - "Lie Down In Darkness" (remixer - Photek)


M83 - "Midnight City" (remixer - Eric Prydz)


Nero - "Promises" (remixer - Skrillex)


Deadmau5 f/Chris James - "The Veldt" (remixer - Thomas Olsen)


The usual EDM names here....Axwell may get this solely from that car commercial.

Who I think should win: Skrillex's revamp of Nero.
Who probably will win: Axwell's take on "In My Mind"..


Best Dance Recording:

Avicii - "Levels"


Calvin Harris f/Ne-Yo - "Let's Go"


Skrillex - "Bangarang"


Swedish House Mafia - "Don't You Worry Child"


Al Walser - "I Can't Live Without You"


I still think this last one is a joke by the Reno 911 guys (tell me that's not McClendon-Covey from the show). If anything this whole fiasco with Walser either buying or schmoozing his way to a nomination brings into focus how fucked up the Grammy Academy is.

Who I think should win: Avicii for making the "sample" track completely new again, and instrumental power!

Who will probably win: Swedish House Mafia.


Best Dance Album:

Steve Aoki - Wonderland


The Chemical Brothers - Don't Think


deadmau5 - >album title goes here<


Kaskade - Fire & Ice


Skrillex - Bangarang


The Chemical Brothers? Really? With a video live album? C'mon guys, you know better.

Who I think should win: deadmau5 big record.
Who will probably win: Skrillex.

That does it for the dance side of the house...I'll finish this up with the big three categories ...

Comments