8 of the 80s: 12/13/12...






Hey guys, it's time for this week's flashback to the 80s, and this week I'm back to 1980, the year John Lennon was murdered in New York City in December.

Pink Floyd - "Another Brick In The Wall, Part II"
from the album The Wall (1979)
Billboard Hot 100 peak: #1


When I was young this terrified me.

(Click below to see the rest of the post)


Billy Joel - "You May Be Right"
from the album Glass Houses (1980)
Billboard Hot 100 peak: #7


Billy killed it last night. As long as you didn't watch his physical transformation. Oofdah.

Pete Townshend - "Let My Love Open The Door"
from the album Empty Glass (1980)
Billboard Hot 100 peak: #9


I only wish that Pete could've done this at the concert last night...


Roger Daltrey - "Without Your Love"
from the album McVicar (1980)
Billboard Hot 100 peak: #20


...but I still give props to Roger for being in fine form still...


The Rolling Stones - "She's So Cold"
from the album Emotional Rescue (1980)
Billboard Hot 100 peak: #26


They're so taking the shit on this song. But I love it. They know it.


Eric Clapton - "Tulsa Time (live)"
from the album Just One Night (1980)
Billboard Hot 100 peak: #30


"Slowhand" was hands down the highlight of the 12-12-12 concert last night.


Paul Simon - "One-Trick Pony"
from the album One-Trick Pony (1980)
Billboard Hot 100 peak: #40


Probably the artist I wished would have been there the most last night....


Queen - "Play The Game"
from the album The Game (1980)
Billboard Hot 100 peak: #42


...unless I could bring back the dead. Then hands down.....

Well that's a wrap for tonight....Thanks for dropping by and I'll return tomorrow with another Song of the Day, Candletime, and my top-100 tunes for the week. Cheers!


Comments