6 of the 60s: 11/7/12...


Hey gang, I'm back with another half-dozen nuggets from the 60s, and this time out, I'm back to 1965, the year The Sound Of Music debuted in New York City...

The Supremes - "Back In My Arms Again"
from the album More Hits By The Supremes (1965)
Billboard Hot 100 peak: #1


My celebratory song for yesterday's election results...


(Click below to see the rest of the post)


Joe Tex - "Hold What You Got"
from the album Hold On To What You Got (1965)
Billboard Hot 100 peak: #5


Yes, America is holding on to what they've got.


Sonny & Cher - "Baby Don't Go"
from the album Baby Don't Go (1965)
Billboard Hot 100 peak: #8


The first hit from the dynamic duo - you see a pattern?


The Newbeats - "Run, Baby Run (Back Into My Arms)"
from the album Run Baby Run (1965)
Billboard Hot 100 peak: #12


The whiteboy faux-soul group aped the Motown sound in this jangly comeback number...


Otis Redding - "I've Been Loving You Too Long (To Stop Now)"
from the album Otis Blue (1965)
Billboard Hot 100 peak: #21


This is the release I felt with the president's speech last night.


Sam Cooke - "A Change Is Gonna Come"
from the album Ain't That Good News (1964)
Billboard Hot 100 peak: #31


...and to close this out, even though last night's results fill me with hope, there's a lot more work to be done.

Thanks for stopping by and letting me wax poetic. I'll be back later on with the latest in Australia. Cheers!

Comments