6 of the 60's: 7/25/12...


Hey folks, it's time for another dive down the memory hole for six songs from the 60s, and this week I'm heading all the way back to 1960 itself, with some forgotten and notsoforgotten nuggets.


Brenda Lee - "I Want To Be Wanted"
from the album This is....Brenda (1960)
Billboard Hot 100 peak: #1


This is my "feel bad for myself" song in my twenties, and still remains so.I've got the Ben & Jerry's out as we speak.

(Click below to see the rest of the post)


Bobby Darin - "Beyond The Sea"
from the album That's All (1960)
Billboard Hot 100 peak: #6


If I was a teen in 1960, I would've been a raving fanboy for Bobby Darin. He was the whole package - class, pipes, and impeccable choice in material. If he didn't tragically pass too early, he would've rivaled Sinatra in legacy.


The Everly Brothers - "So Sad (To Watch Good Love Go Bad)"
from the album It's Everly Time (1960)
Billboard Hot 100 peak: #7


Don and Phil take teen pop music and make it grow up. Brian Wilson would carry on from there.


Chubby Checker - "The Hucklebuck"
from the album Twist With Chubby Checker (1960)
Billboard Hot 100 peak: #14


Time to dance! Ernest Evans takes on a 40's blues shouter and has a grand ol' time.


Damita Jo - "I'll Save The Last Dance For You"
from the album I'll Save The Last Dance For You (1960)
Billboard Hot 100 peak: #22


Sassy comic actress and singer answers the Drifters' call.


The Ray Bryant Combo - "The Madison Time"
from the EP Madison Time (1960)
Billboard Hot 100 peak: #30



 The slinky song from the dance contest show in Hairspray. The "coolest" dance record out there at the time.


That's it for this week's 60s flashback. Stay tuned later on today I'll bring you the latest Down Under on Aussie Sweep, and tomorrow afternoon will come the 70's and 80's trips back in time. 






Comments