June 20th candletime...


Hey folks happy summer solstice, and today also marks the big boy of summer, Beach Boy Brian Wilson's 70th birthday. My favorite BB tracks...

1) God Only Knows (the best song ever recorded IMHO)
2) Don't Worry Baby
3) In My Room
4) Wouldn't It Be Nice
5) I Just Wasn't Made For These Times
6) Little Deuce Coupe
7) Getcha Back
8) I'm Waiting For The Day
9) Sail On Sailor
10) The Warmth Of The Sun


(Click below to read more)





Lionel Richie reaches 63, and here are my favorite Richie/Commodores songs...

1) Sail On
2) Still
3) My Love
4) You Are
5) Endless Love
6) Lady (You Bring Me Up)
7) Easy
8) Stuck On You
9) Truly
10) Running With The Night


Canadian songstress (and South Park target) Anne Murray turns 67. My favorite Murray songs...

1) You Needed Me
2) Could I Have This Dance
3) I Just Fall In Love Again
4) Nobody Loves Me Like You Do
5) A Love Song


Delores Brooks of the Crystals is 65...


...while John Taylor of Duran Duran (my sister's favorite of the Fab Five) celebrates his 52nd...


Chino Moreno of the Deftones hits 39....


and English rapper/singer Example is 30...


Now get some sun!

Comments