Songoftheday 4/12/12 - I swore when he hurt me so, I wouldn't see him anymore....


The Pointer Sisters - "Should I Do It"
from the album Black & White (1981)
Billboard Hot 100 peak: #13 (two weeks)

1982 marked the middle of a relatively quieter period for the vocal group the Pointer Sisters in between the top-5 pop success of hits like "He's So Shy" and Springsteen cover "Fire" in the late seventies, and their top-10 streak in the mid-80's. "Should I Do It" was the fourth single release from their Black & White LP, and the only followup to #2 hit "Slow Hand" to make a dent on the pop chart. It was extra-pristinely produced with a jangly 60's girl-group retro sheen that was hip on adult contemporary radio at the time. Fluffy maybe, but entertainingly fluffy, as their voices blend so damn well together that they sell it.



Tomorrow The Big O gets done over by Diamond Dave.

Comments