Palin P0WNED!....

So. Wednesday found me ranting off on Sarah Palin for going on a media-ready Facebook tizzy about the Family Guy episode that featured a character that dated the son Chris. The girl had Downs' Syndrome, and the show included the throwaway line "My father was an accountant, and my mother used to be the governor of Alaska". Even though the show actually showed the character in a real and non-special way (she bosses Chris around, acts like any diva high school girl), somehow that translated into an attack on "her" child.

Well in response, the actress who provided the voice for the character, Andrea Fay Friedman, sent out an e-mail to the media giving her take on it. It's better than I could've imagined.

My name is Andrea Fay Friedman. I was born with Down syndrome. I played the role of Ellen on the "Extra Large Medium" episode of Family Guy that was broadcast on Valentine's day. Although they gave me red hair on the show, I am really a blonde. I also wore a red wig for my role in " Smudge" but I was a blonde in "Life Goes On". I guess former Governor Palin does not have a sense of humor. I thought the line "I am the daughter of the former governor of Alaska" was very funny. I think the word is "sarcasm".

In my family we think laughing is good. My parents raised me to have a sense of humor and to live a normal life. My mother did not carry me around under her arm like a loaf of French bread the way former Governor Palin carries her son Trig around looking for sympathy and votes.


Damn! Sarah got served!

Thanks, Andrea, for standing up for your comedy, and the episode was awesome!

And Palin, how about that birth certificate? Buehler?

UPDATE: from the comments in the story from Gawker,

"The medical term for Down syndrome is Trisomy G, commonly shortened to TriG by nurses. babies with trig are called trig babies. Trig-baby Trig Palin. Sarah Palin basically named her baby retard, I doubt she cares when people make fun of him for his sake; the only reason she feigns caring is because it allows her to gain some publicity as the victim"


Wow.

Comments