story of the day....lost and found...

Today's big story is thankfully a heartwarming one. Jaycee Lee Dugard, who was abducted 18 years ago by a mad couple in California and forced to live in virtual prison camp conditions, was found and reunited with her mother and stepfather. The evil man who took her when she was 11 eventually forced her to carry two of his children. That man, Phillip Garrido, was a previous convicted rapist who has been on parole. Of course, like many crazy psychopaths, he used the cloak of religion to hide or compensate for the awful things he has done. I'm sure Jaycee is going through a lot of trauma right now, especially since she apparently succumbed to Stokholm syndrome, where she sympathizes with her captors. I have her in my prayers tonight, and I'm thankful for what I have in this world.

Comments